I think this is my third or fourth website I've developed for Richard Eaton of AlphaBio Centrix. … read more about BioEnergyShop.com
So, you’re quite experienced at what you do. That being said, you’ve got a lot to offer customers and have your own business.
You’ve been studying marketing trends and everyone knows that business is on the web. So, you’re feverishly attacking your online marketing.
You’re generating content!
You’re not quite sure what you should be putting out there in your content marketing, or what you should be sharing for your social media presence, but you’ve set your pace and are generating content on a regular basis.
- blogging everyday or every other day
- sharing your posts on social networks
- you’re even joining in a couple group discussions on LinkedIn (man, that’s dedication!)
But you’re not getting traction!
You’re a content generating machine, but you’re not seeing any results.
This could be explained by a few reasons:
- it takes longer than most understand to build an active audience/following
- your competition is steep
- you’re not sharing content that engages
What is something you can do right away to have a better chance online?
Share your best stuff!
So many are afraid to share their knowledge, truly valuable tips and expertise with the masses. So instead they’ll continue to generate content that never goes that deep; and consequently rarely engages. It really just adds to the noise out there.
There’s already more noise out there than anyone wants or needs. That noise is what we all have to sift through when looking for real content.
If this doesn’t make sense to you, you’re probably worried that…
Won’t I lose my position of power if I give away my best stuff?
- If your followers take your info and run with it, they weren’t your customer anyway. But if you’ve helped someone who can’t, or won’t afford you now, they may come back to you later when they move on to a problem they really need your help with.
- Even if people do read your stuff and see how they can do things without you, most people won’t. That’s why they are looking for you in the first place.
- Showing what you know and sharing helpful information shows you really do know your stuff. You’re an authority. (huge)
- Sharing valuable and helpful information (maybe even ebooks) for free develops trust with people who don’t even know you. (huge)
- Sharing your best stuff will certainly be more engaging and interesting than sharing noise, and can more rapidly build the number of your followers.
- You will actually be providing the content that your customers/followers have been looking for to begin with. You will be the end to a successful online search.
Still worried about losing your position if you share your best stuff?
If you’re still not comfortable with this at first, don’t worry. It goes against the grain of old school marketing techniques that had been around since the 1950s. But things have completely changed. If you’re still using that old school way of thinking… well… you need to re-think that. 🙂